Duchesne College, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
- Conference Dates: 5:00 pm Wednesday 16th to 3:00 pm Sunday 20th January 2019
- AGM on Saturday, 19th January 2019
- Pre – Conference Workshops: Tuesday 15th January and Wednesday 16th January 2019
- Post – Conference Workshops: Monday 21st January and Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Duchesne College is located within the grounds of the University of Qld.
The Conference venue, what’s nearby and getting around Brisbane
- Duchesne college facilities, e.g. if you’re after laundry use, etc.
- For close by places to eat or buy some supplies, we suggest Hawken village shops. Go here for how to get there from the college. It’s a 10-minute walk but has lots of good eating places, food market, liquor stores, at reasonable prices.
- For the weather check the BOM website – but expect temperatures between 22 and mid 30’s on most days. If you like walking bring clothes for the heat, hats, a water bottle, etc…. and consider walking early in the day. Even if it rains, which is likely, you’ll be warm…. It’s Brisbane after all.
- For all things public transport we suggest you navigate to the TransLink Journey Planner site. This will enable you to coordinate travel via bus, train and ferry to most of Brisbane locations. You’ll find timetables, route planning and lots of tips for how to make moving around Brisbane and suburbs easier.
- We suggest you purchase a Go card if you’re planning to use public transport. There are hundreds of locations in SE Qld where you can purchase and top up your card.
- If you favour cycling, try the Brisbane City Council CityCycle scheme. Cycles are available from $ 2.00 per day. Pick up and drop off locations are available at this site as well so you can navigate across the city.
- For what’s on in Brisbane during your stay visit the Brisbane events guide for your favourite passion and purpose.
Refund and Cancellations Policy
Registration refunds are at the discretion of Conference Treasurer. Monies may be repaid in full for cancellation requests received on or before 8th January 2019. After this date refunds will be paid net of any actual expenses incurred by AANZPA.
For accommodation refunds, if staying at Duchesne, please contact Jo Jager at email@example.com for information on their cancellation policy
All registrations will be processed when payment is received.
For specific payment and refund concerns email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the service of inclusion of all members of AANZPA, we accommodate those with a disability at our annual gatherings, as far as possible in communication with those affected. We anticipate that there will be some limitations in meeting all needs. We undertake to not reduce people with a disability to their specific needs or unnecessarily draw attention to their disability, rather we aspire to relate as one human being with another.
In our conference processes, we aim to strengthen sociometry to enhance the possibility of an encounter between people. We aim to stay spontaneous in the face of exhaustion and role fatigue. There is mutual responsibility whereby the expansion of roles and role-reversal is encouraged by all parties.
A Disability Liaison Person/s (DLP) is/are appointed by the Executive for the long term. To maximize full participation of all attendees the conference committee will designate one of their members to work on these matters with their own committee, the venues, with the DLP, with the conference information re the limits of venues.
The DLP will keep in touch with the range of people with disabilities and liaise with the conference committee member responsible for implementing this policy. A conference committee member will ensure limitations of access etc. of the venue are communicated in the conference publicity and will liaise with the venues used by the conference anticipating and progressing negotiations on conference attendees’ behalf.
- General Inquires: email@example.com
- Registration Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference Treasurer: email@example.com
- Programme Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org