You can join AANZPA as an Associate Member under the conditions outlined below. All Associate Members, Affiliate Associates and people on the President’s Mailing List receive communications about AANZPA conferences and meetings along with occasional newsletters and our annual journal. If you join as an Associate Membership of AANZPA you will automatically become a member of the AANZPA regional association in your area.
Ordinary Membership is open to practitioners who hold a current practice certificate issued by the AANZPA Inc Board of Examiners on payment of a fee. Ordinary Members are eligible to be nominated and elected to the AANZPA Executive and to vote at the AGM.
Associate Membership s open to those who have a demonstrated commitment to the Association and its goals and principles through undertaking ongoing training with an AANZPA accredited Training Institute or Campus for at least six months. An Associate member will have a current Training Agreement with an AANZPA accredited psychodrama Training Institute or Campus and get supervision when applying the psychodrama method.
Your application must be accompanied by your sponsor’s letter which is completed by an Ordinary or Distinguished Member who is involved in your training. This will be followed by payment of the relevant membership fee. Associate Membership is a requirement for advanced trainees. Associate Members are not eligible to stand for the Executive Committee of AANZPA Inc. or vote at general meetings. In all other matters, they have the rights and responsibilities of Ordinary Members.
An Associate member of AANZPA, who no longer has a Training Agreement with an AANZPA accredited psychodrama Training Institute or Campus, is designated an Affiliate Associate. An Affiliate Associate can be former Associate members who no longer participate in on-going training and supervision with a Training Institute/Campus or a former Associate member taking a break from training. Becoming an Affiliate Associate is only available to those who have already been an Associate member.
It’s important to note that an Affiliate Associate may not present themselves to the public as practicing under the auspices of AANZPA. The AANZPA Ethics committee is unable to receive complaints from clients of an Affiliate Associate’s practice, so while they may choose to use the Code of Ethics to guide their practice, they should not give the impression to clients that they are a practicing member of AANZPA.
When an Affiliate Associate has a new Training Agreement they may apply to become an Associate member.
AANZPA may also appoint Ordinary Members as Distinguished Members. Any Ordinary Member may apply to the Executive Committee to become a Distinguished Member of the Association and the Executive Committee may in its absolute discretion admit an Ordinary member of the Association to be a Distinguished Member of the Association.
Honorary Distinguished Member
The Association may, upon the recommendation of the Executive Committee, admit any person (whether an ordinary member or not) to be an Honorary Distinguished Member of the Association.
The category of Non-practicing member may also be made available to Ordinary Members in certain circumstances such as retirement from practice.
The President’s Mailing List
The President’s Mailing List is available to people who are not eligible for membership to AANZPA Inc and who wish to be assured of receiving publications and notices of events. These people may include those with overseas qualifications who are resident in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand and waiting for certification by AANZPA Inc, international applicants, professional associations and other interested professional people.
Apply for Aanzpa Membership
AANZPA Membership Fee
Applies from 1 July 2019
- Ordinary Membership $285.00
- Associate Membership $148.00
- Affiliate Associate $148.00
- President’s Mailing List $82.00
- Non–Practicing $82.00
A Pro rata fee applies to new Associate members who join part way through the membership year.
- July to January (Pre Conference) $148.00 (Full Fee)
- January to June (Post Conference) Discounted rate $75.00
Contact the AANZPA Membership Administrator
Conditions of Membership
- Payment of membership fees is continuous and applies until a letter of resignation is received by the Membership Secretary.
- All Members agree to comply with the AANZPA Code of Ethics.
- All Members will maintain a relationship of ‘good standing’ with AANZPA.
- Ordinary Members are eligible to be nominated and elected to the Executive Committee of AANZPA Inc. and to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- Ordinary members will keep their currency up to date or be in touch with the Currency Committee.
- Associate Members and Affiliate Associates are not eligible to stand for the Executive Committee of AANZPA Inc. or vote at general meetings. In all other matters they have the rights and responsibilities as Ordinary Members.
- Associate Members will maintain a Training Agreement with their AANZPA accredited Psychodrama Training Institute or Campus.
- Associate Members will let the Membership Administrator know if anything changes that affects their membership or their Training Agreement is not current for the year.
- Associate Members will receive supervision from a supervisor approved by an accredited Training Institute or Campus for their psychodrama related work.
- Affiliate Associates who re-join a training program and have a current Training Agreement may apply to be an Associate Member using the normal membership joining process.